- 1 Video
- 3 PDFs
- 0.5 hrs
This 30 min course is designed to improve the way you prepare for an interview. Not only will I provide a blueprint for interview preparation and suggested action steps, you will also learn to approach interviews strategically instead of emotionally.
What you learn:
1. How to assess common communication mistakes that can cost you the job.
2. The components of a 30/60/90 day strategy to give yourself an advantage over other candidates.
3. To proactively approach the interview from a competitive place of competence and connection with the interviewer.
Here are the "20 Things To Consider Before Every Interview" that I discuss in this course. For best results, access your handout at the start of the course so you can take notes:
- Am I mentally self-sabotaging by confirming negative thoughts?
- Have I identified short-term and long-term goals?
- Have I made the decision to exude confidence?
- How do I convey passion and enthusiasm?
- Which skills are needed for the role?
- Am I prepared to discuss industry trends, my employer’s competition and recent headlines involving my employer?
- Is my communication free of verbal crutches and filler words?
- Have I identified questions employers will pose?
- Have I captured responses to those questions?
- Which 3-5 questions will I pose?
- What is my 90-day strategic plan once hired?
- Have I identified 1 major problem I will solve once hired?
- How do I respond when I don't have an answer?
- Am I communicating behavioral responses to background questions?
- Do my responses indicate how I perform (metrics/quantitative data)?
- Are my responses effective?
- What 2 weaknesses have I improved upon?
- When have I failed professionally and what did I learn?
- What 5 strengths do I bring to this role?
- How will I connect with interviewers?
NOTE: When you enroll in this course, you consent to receiving periodic emails relevant to career advancement.
In her national career consulting firm, Ericka Spradley takes ambitious, mid-career women further faster by coaching them to interview flawlessly, manage their career and define professional success on their terms. Ericka’s encouraging feedback, positivity and thought-provoking questions affirm clients who are ready to ditch perfection, play bigger and make PowHer moves.
She coaches women to:
- Identify their next career move
- Create a career strategy which includes interview mastery
- Position themselves for a rewarding, successful career
In essence, Ericka helps clients take their career to the next level!
To learn more, visit Ericka’s website: www.ErickaSpradley.com